It’s the holidays! That means a few special hours and, even better, three new beers!
For the next two weeks, our brewery and taproom hours will be:
- Thursday, December 20th: 3PM – 8PM
- Friday, December 21st: 11AM – 8PM
- Saturday, December 22nd: 11AM – 8PM
- Christmas Eve, Monday, December 24th: 1PM – 5PM for to-go sales of cans and growlers only
- Christmas Day, December 25th, 2018: closed
- Thursday, December 27th: 3PM – 8PM
- Friday, December 28th: 11AM – 8PM
- Saturday, December 29th: 11AM – 8PM
- New Year’s Eve, Monday, December 31st: 1PM – 5PM for to-go sales of cans and growlers only
- New Year’s Day, Tuesday, January 1st: closed
We return to normal Thursday – Saturday hours on January 3rd, 2019.
On Thursday, December 20th, we will release three new beers. Two of them will be available in cans and on draft and one will be draft only.
Chickadee with Vanilla and Cinnamon
Vanilla and cinnamon are two of the most recognizable holiday flavors and for good reason: they go so well together. We took our standard Chickadee (tart wheat beer) and added vanilla and cinnamon to it, giving the beer a wonderful aroma and flavor that is reminiscent of something between apple pie and apple cider.
Chickadee with Vanilla and Cinnamon is available in 16oz cans and on draft for on-site pours and growler fills.
Test Mosaic Saison
As the next iteration in our experimental saison series, this beer began its journey in early November when we brewed it, after which we allowed it to keg-condition for a month before finally dry-hopping it with generous amounts of Mosaic hops. The base saison has a wonderfully light “saison” character that comes from the Belgian T58 yeast strain we used to ferment it and the dry-hops lend very fun and interesting tropical characters.
This is the same beer as our previously-released Honey Saison but without the addition of honey and with more hops.
Mosaic Saison is available in 16oz cans and on draft for on-site pours and growler fills.
Test Scottish Light
In the Scottish beer styles, there are three main varieties: Scottish Light, Scottish Export, and Scotch Ale (Wee Heavy). Our standard Barred Owl is a Scottish Export and our Great Horned is a Wee Heavy. We’ve wanted to complete the trifecta since originally settling on Scottish styles as some of our mainstay beers, and so now we’re introducing a Scottish Light test beer.
This Test Scottish Light features a prominent malt character, in both aroma and flavor, but is exceptionally light and easy drinking. It comes in at just 4% ABV and so is endlessly quaffable. Even though it’s a very light beer, it is dark in color and especially satisfying on cold Winter evenings and nights.
Test Scottish Light is available in the tap room for on-site pours and growler fills.
Weekend tap list
Our tap list for this weekend is:
- Chickadee with Vanilla and Cinnamon
- Test Scottish Light
- Test Mosaic Saison
- Raven, Imperial Stout
- Golden Tanager, New England IPA with Brett and Passionfruit
- Junco, New England IPA
- Bourbon Barrel-aged Barred Owl, Scottish Export
- Three Rings Brewery Earthshine Wheat